To pursue a Residency or not to pursue a Residency: That is the question!
You are finally done with school and ready to get in the clinic or you are at a stage in your physical therapy career where you’ve been practicing for a few years and love where you work; you feel like you are making a huge difference in patients’ lives… everything is perfect. Yet, that little voice in the back of your mind keeps asking the same question again and again: Is it time for me to pursue a Physical Therapy Residency? If you decide, “YES, it is time,” the next question that pops up is, “How do I choose a residency?”
Here are a few helpful hints that will answer your questions about whether or not a Residency is right for you and which programs to consider.
Now, which Residency do you choose?
Look for these Key Differentiators:
- Will you learn from expert faculty?
- Is it Flexible? – Do you have to move? How much of the program is online and how much on-site?
- What do past residents say about the program?
- Do they offer payment plans?
- Will you have a mentor?
- How many people will be in the Residency?
- Is there an alumni group you can join post-residency?