Physical therapist assistants are an important member of the healthcare team and play a vital role in bringing the physical therapist’s plan of care to life. EIM’s PTA Specialty Certification in Orthopaedics provides licensed PTA’s the opportunity to advance their knowledge and practice in the care of patients suffering orthopaedic-related conditions. Graduates of this certification gain the confidence and skills needed to provide quality, evidence-based care utilizing advanced exercise prescription and pain neuroscience education.
The majority of the PTA Specialty Certification in Orthopaedics takes place wherever you happen to be. By incorporating EIM’s trademark combination of online didactic learning and a hands-on weekend intensive, you will come away with detailed working knowledge of orthopaedic physical therapy practice specific to the PTA. This program stresses the acquisition of current best evidence as well as leading-edge psychomotor skills to make you a specialist in the area of orthopaedics. You will walk away from this 5-7 month experience with the tools and experience you need to grow your business and skill set. The weekend intensive on-site course occurs at EIM Network Partners and academic centers located in key geographic areas around the country.
The PTA Specialty Certification in Orthopaedics Program includes:
- Foundational constructs on patient management and mechanisms of orthopaedic physical therapy for the PTA
- Virtual rounds and case presentations for interactive learning and peer review
- Robust examination processes to ensure student mastery of material and interventions
- A 5-7 month cohort setting that builds lasting professional relationships with fellow students
- Course credit / waivers granted for select previously completed certification-level courses
Specialty Certification in Orthopaedics is designed so that you will:
- Become a certified, highly skilled, PTA practitioner with advanced clinical competency in orthopaedic physical therapy.
- Make evidence-based practice an immediate reality in your clinical practice.
- Be equipped to incorporate the advanced exercise prescription and modern pain neuroscience education for patients with orthopaedic related conditions.
- Enhance your critical thinking and psychomotor skills to improve decision-making and outcomes of care.
- Improve your knowledge of current evidence and begin your preparation for the APTA’s PTA Advanced Proficiency Pathways (APP) Program.
- Have the opportunity to use your Certification credit hours towards other EIM program offerings, should you decide to do so down the road.
- EBP 6015 PTA Evidence-based Practice I
- OPTA 6110 PTA MSK Lower Quarter Management
- OPTA 6120 PTA Special Topics
- OPTA 6130 PTA MSK Upper Quarter Management
- OPTA 6140 Advanced Exercise Prescription
- OPTA 7080WI PTA Orthopaedic Skills Weekend Intensive
- OPTA 7170 Virtual Rounds and Case Presentations
- OPTA 7081 PTA Certification Comprehensive Exam