2019-2020 Prep Course is now open! Access ends March 31, 2020 to coincide with the 2020 exam dates.
Evidence In Motion’s Geriatric Certified Specialist (GCS) Test Prep Course is designed to prepare residents and advanced clinicians to take the Geriatric Certified Specialist Exam and ultimately elevate their clinical practice. This course covers the most up-to-date information as outlined by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists. Students will have access to online videos, lectures, and practice tests.
This course is presented in a modular, web-based, self-paced format using the Moodle Learning Management System. The course is interactive and media-rich to help make the e-learning environment both engaging and convenient for the participant. The GCS Test Prep Course is designed as an 18-week self-study program that integrates journal articles, online video presentations, topic summaries, regular quizzes/”check your knowledge,” and additional online resources to offer the latest in current best evidence for geriatric physical therapy clinical practice. While weekly outlines and content are provided, participants are encouraged to deviate from the ‘schedule’ as necessary to spend more time in areas they find to be a weakness. This allows the EIM GCS Test Prep Course to be a uniquely tailored experience for each participant. A pre-test, post-test, and weekly online quizzes are provided in a similar format to GCS exam questions to simulate the exam environment, identify knowledge gaps, and assess learning. The course is typically started 4-5 months prior to the GCS exam.
Target Audience: Individuals intending to take the GCS exam
Credits: 67 contact hours from EIM Institutes of Health Professions
Course Length: 18 weeks
- Online lectures that can be viewed on your schedule, when you have time to study
- Interaction with other “GCS-preppers” in an exclusive, online forum
- Learning from experts in the geriatric field
- Topic summaries of the most “need-to-know” information for the GCS exam
- Practice quizzes, including a pre-course exam that lets you tailor your learning experience based on your needs
- Citations and full text are provided for all quiz and pre-course exam questions
GCS Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Cancellation MUST be within 24 hours of receiving access notification from EIM and will result in the following choices:
- Transfer of full amount of purchase to any future course to be used within 1 year of purchase or
- 75% refund of purchase price
- NO transfers or refunds after 24 hours of access notification
Discounts are available for group purchases of the course.
6 – 10 = 5% discount
11 or more = 10% discount
Please contact us at 888-709-7096 if interested in purchasing in groups.