EIM’s Certification in Pediatric Practice was designed for physical and occupational therapist passionate about advancing their skill and evidence-based knowledge in treating pediatric clients. Practitioners will learn how to effectively translate knowledge into practice using optimal critical reasoning and application for families and their children of all abilities. Students will become highly skilled in evaluation, treatment and on-going assessment of the movement system throughout the lifespan. The content is provided in a hybrid, collaborative learning format allowing the individual practitioner to continue to engage in their professional and personal responsibilities.
Audience: Licensed Physical and Occupational Therapist
Program Length: 10-15 months
Contact Hours: 17
- Become a highly skilled, autonomous practitioner with advanced clinical competency.
- Use contemporary frameworks to transform your clinical practice.
- Enhance critical thinking and psychomotor skills to improve decision-making and outcomes of care.
- Improve your knowledge of current evidence and begin preparation for Pediatric Board Certification.
- Have the opportunity to use your Certification credit hours towards an EIM Residency or Post-professional training
- Promote the health and wellness of participants and the individuals they serve.
- PEDI 6100 Pediatric Evidence-based Practice
- PEDI 6110 Introduction to Pediatric Practice
- PEDI 6230 Early Intervention and School-based Practice
- PEDI 6510 Management of Pediatric Neurological Conditions
- PEDI 6510WI Management of Pediatric Neurological Conditions Weekend Intensive
- PEDI 6120 Pediatric Health Promotion and Prevention
- PEDI 6520 Management of Pediatric Musculoskeletal Conditions
- PEDI 6520WI Management of Pediatric Musculoskeletal Conditions Weekend Intensive
Elective Options (Choose Two) – additional elective options to be announced
- PEDI 6130 Pediatric Acute Care and NICU
- PEDI 6140 The Young Athlete
- PEDI 6150 Transition to Adulthood
- PEDI 6160 Pediatric Gait and Orthotics
- PEDI 7080 Pediatric Certification Capstone Exam