Happy New Year! We hope 2019 will be a happy, healthy, and prosperous year for you! Every year at this time, we share our physical therapy predictions in coordination with Dr. Heidi Jannenga. This week, Larry shares his 9 predictions for 2019:
- Physical therapy is going to have a double-digit growth-rate.
- We will get more and more attention with regards to pain.
- You’re going to see an excess of PTs in certain markets, causing more competition.
- You’re going to see more “soft skill” training for PTs.
- Telehealth is going to remain completely fragmented.
- Compliance is going to go up.
- More private insurance companies will adopt Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rules.
- PTs will be rewarded in trainings, courses, etc. far more than any incentive from MIPS.
- Expect to see the benefit this year (in entertainment, from professional athletes, etc.) of having a personal PT.