How do Baylor and EIM work together to give you the best learning experience?
Baylor University’s Post-Professional OTD program is designed for working professionals with a desire to increase their knowledge and clinical skills at the doctoral level. The 21st Century program is offered in partnership with Evidence In Motion (EIM) and includes opportunities for advanced certification in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Hand Therapy, Pain Science, and Hybrid Education.
The Baylor University’s Post-Professional OTD program consists of 30 total semester hours for Master’s prepared Occupational Therapists and 39 total semester hours for Baccalaureate-prepared Occupational Therapists.
The program can be completed in a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 48 months. The curriculum supports individualized planning to assist students in developing a plan of study to incorporate specialty areas of practice, aligning with the student’s professional goals.
Where does EIM play a part?
Eight elective credits are required for completion of Baylor University’s PPOTD program taken through EIM to apply towards your doctoral credit.
Elective Track Options
- Education and Research (100% online)
- Hand Therapy
- Pain Science
EIM Dual-Track Certification Programs
You can also choose a dual-track Certification option that will allow you to graduate with your OTD and a specialty certification.
- Certification in Pediatric Practice
- Geriatric Certification
- Certification for Advanced Practice in Hand Therapy
- Therapeutic Pain Specialist (TPS) Certification
- Certification in Hybrid Learning
What does this program cost?
Elective Only Option
- At $500 per credit, you will need 8 credits to satisfy the Baylor University Post-Professional OTD elective requirement.
- The 8 required elective credits will be billed to the student by Evidence In Motion. Students are not eligible to use financial aid towards cost of elective credits.
- Student’s will be responsible for the cost of the certification program, see price details on program links above.
- Students are not eligible to use financial aid towards cost of elective credits.
- Students are responsible for all costs related to travel.
Transfer credit info
- Baylor University will accept a maximum of 8 credits from programs completed through Evidence In Motion.
- All transfer credits will count towards the PPOTD elective requirement.
- All core PPOTD courses must be taken through Baylor University.
- A grade of “B” or better must be earned in all courses transferred to Baylor; this coursework does not alter the Baylor grade point average