Henderson, NV (PRWEB) December 04, 2013
Evidence in Motion (EIM) is set to have a number of faculty members speak at the upcoming Sports Physical Therapy Section (SPTS) Team Concept Conference, which will take place December 5-7th, 2013 at the Green Valley Ranch Resort in Henderson, Nevada. In addition to a booth that will host three giveaways, three of EIM’s faculty members will speak throughout the course of the conference.
EIM will also be giving attendees who stop by their booth the opportunity to win prizes during the conference. Any attendee who fills out an EIM information card will be entered to win one of four Musculoskeletal User’s Guide books or a free registration for Manipalooza and backpack filled with EIM goodies. Winners may claim their prizes at the booth before the end of the conference.
All attendees are also invited to register for a free online, self-paced course from EIM. They may choose between The Female Athlete and Sports Across The Ages, and credits can be applied to a Sports PT Certification if completed before March 8, 2014.
Those who are interested in attending the SPTS Team Concept Conference may do so by registering on the SPTS website. Registration costs $425 for SPTS members, $500 for APTA members, and $545 for non-APTA members and includes breakfast, breaks, course materials, and Thursday’s pre-conference courses.
The following is a full list of EIM Faculty Presenters and Presentation Topics.
Thursday, December 5th, 2013 – Pre-Conference Courses:
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM : Barb Hoogenboom, PT, EdD, SCS, ATC: Functional Movement Screen in the Scholastic Athlete: What Every Sports Physical Therapist Should Know About Clinical Movement Screening and Testing
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM : Teresa Schuemann, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC, CSCS: Concussion Testing
Friday, December 6th, 2013 – Conference Day One:
- 5:05 PM – 6:15 PM : Teresa Schuemann and Mike Rosenthal, PT, DSc, SCS, ECS: Alternative Therapy Techniques in Sport
Saturday, December 7th, 2013 – Conference Day Two:
- 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM: Barb Hoogenboom: Lower Extremity Outcome Measures
- 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM: Teresa Schuemann: Return to Play Criteria in the Scholastic Athelete
- 1:30 PM – 4:50 PM: Mike Rosenthal: Supplemental and Alternative Therapeutic Techniques in Sport
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Mike Rosenthal: Dry Needling and Acupuncture
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM: Teresa Schuemann: Nutrition
- 3:45 PM – 5:15 PM: Teresa Schuemann and Mike Rosenthal: Alternative Techniques in Sports Physical Therapy
About Evidence In Motion (EIM):
Evidence in Motion (EIM) is an education and consultation company whose sole reason of existence is to elevate the physical therapy profession and the role of physical therapists in healthcare delivery. A strong dedication to fostering the creation and assimilation of an evidence-based practice culture within the physical therapy profession is a cornerstone of Evidence In Motion’s mission. They have put in place evidence-based practice treatment pathways in many facilities and aims to promote the global sharing of information and ideas, thus advancing evidence-based physical therapy practice, research and education around the world. Evidence In Motion offers Continuing Education, Residencies, a Fellowship Program, a Musculoskeletal Transition DPT, and an Executive Program in Private Practice Management with optional Transition DPT. For more information, please visit EvidenceInMotion.com. You can also find Evidence In Motion on Facebook and Twitter, @EIMTeam.