EIM students are exposed to a vast community of evidence-based practitioners, both as instructors and colleagues, all embracing best business practices in an Executive MBA-style format. The focus is on the operations management aspect of running a practice, with an optional postprofessional DPT/OTD clinical component requiring 4 additional courses in Radiology, Medical Screening, Pharmacology, and Evidence-based Practice. All programs begin in September of each year.
The extensive community that has formed around EIM provides a “first in class” environment for owners and senior managers to receive the highest caliber of training and practical applications for their private practice which will provide a strategic competitive advantage in the marketplace.
EIM, in partnership with the Private Practice Section of APTA and The Educational Institute for Private Practice Physical Therapy, is closely associated with many of the best academic programs and other key stakeholder groups in the physical therapy profession. PPS members receive a 5% discount on tuition.
The majority of the program happens wherever you happen to be, providing the flexibility to have a life while working, furthering your education, and developing lifelong relationships with faculty and fellow students.
A 12-month program of post-professional education for physical and occupational therapists designed to enhance the business savvy and sophistication of private practice owners and managers with evidence-based best business practices which result in elevation of the role of physical and occupational therapy in health care delivery as well as the status of PTs and OTs in the marketplace.
A combination of didactic and collaborative education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and on-site courses. You will develop documents specific to your practice to enhance the management of your operation. Coursework requires 4-6 hours per week, whenever it is convenient for you.
EIM is privileged to be associated with a world class faculty from a variety of the best practices and academic programs in the country who are internationally recognized for their contributions to education, research, and practice management.
- BUSI 6610 – Management and Strategy
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- BUSI 6620 – Financial Analysis and Performance
- BUSI 6220 – Organizational Development in Human Resources
- BUSI 6630 – Marketing/PR/Customer Service
- BUSI 6110 – Technology
- BUSI 6230 – Legal
- BUSI 6410 – Business Development
Create and sustain a community of private practices that enable ongoing collaboration and cross consulting after completion of the program. You will be part of a network of over 350 owners and managers who are enrolled or have graduated from this program.
The Executive Program is also open to non-clinically trained participants wishing to gain practice management knowledge and PTs in skilled nursing facilities and small community hospitals with less than 60 beds.
Executive Program Testimonial
Listen to a podcast interview with Bridgit Findley, PT, DPT, OCS, Executive Program graduate and winner of ADVANCE Magazine’s “Practice of the Year” Award. Hear how the Executive Program contributed to her practice’s success (min. 4 of 10 min. interview).
Executive Program courses are designed so that graduates will:
- Grow as managers with a strong base of knowledge of evidence-based business and best practices.
- Strengthen their practice to obtain strategic competitive advantages in the marketplace, thereby strengthening the private practice community.
- Integrate and execute ‘best in class’ tools and practical techniques for all major aspects of private practice
- Gain access to a network of private practitioners for long-term collaboration.
- If desired, obtain the only postprofessional DPT or OTD with an operations management focus.