A 24-36 month program of post-professional clinical and didactic education for physical therapists designed to graduate clinician scientists skilled in the evidence-based integration of thrust and non-thrust manipulation and other advanced manual therapy techniques. Fellowship graduates are primed for leadership in the teaching of orthopaedic manual physical therapy, as well as active participants and contributors to clinical research.
A dynamic fusion of didactic, collaborative, and clinical education experiences using a combination of distance learning, on-line courses, weekend intensive hands-on courses, and clinical practice hours.
Courses are taught by EIM’s world class faculty, many of whom are internationally recognized for their contributions to education, research, and practice management.
Ongoing clinical supervision, outcomes monitoring and mentoring with a theoretical basis for advanced practice and scientific inquiry in the area of orthopaedic manual physical therapy are paramount. Students integrate a solid clinical decision-making model, current best-evidence and best-practice, and superb patient handling skills into their clinical practice.
Learn more about EIM’s Fellowship from Program Director Julie Whitman, PT, DSc:
EIM’s Fellowship Program is designed so that graduates will:
- Value the principles of EBP and behave accordingly in their daily practice.
- Be expert practitioners skilled in the EBP integration of orthopaedic manual physical therapy techniques in the management of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Confidently and professionally interact with other members of the healthcare team and provide leadership in the area of evidence based care.
- Be leaders in clinical practice, clinical research and the business of physical therapy who are positioned to assume leadership roles in the APTA, the AAOMPT and physical therapy practices throughout the United States.
Download OMPT Fellowship Curricula (effective January 2014)
Core Course Work
- EBP 6100 – Evidence-based Practice I
- ORPT 6510 – Management of Lumbopelvic Disorders
- ORPT 6520 – Management of Lower Extremity Disorders
- ORPT 6530 – Management of Cervical and Thoracic Disorders
- ORPT 6540 – Management of Upper Extremity Disorders
- EIM R106 – Management of Post-Operative Conditions
- EBP 6110 – Evidence-based Practice II
- OMPT 6110 – Introduction to OMPT and Professional Socialization
- OMPT 6130 – Mechanisms of Manual Physical Therapy
- OMPT 6210 – Pain Sciences and Psychosocial Implications in Musculoskeletal Care
- OMPT 6410 – OMPT Patient Management Framework / Advanced Clinical Decision Making
- RES 6110 – Writing Case Reports & Case Series
Mentored Clinical Practice
- OMPT 7670 – Fellowship Virtual Rounds
- OMPT 7690 – Fellowship Mentored Clinical Practice
- Outcomes Tracking with FOTO
- Mentored Instruction in OMPT Assesment & Interventions