Ultimately, patient outcomes are determined by the manual handling skills that you implement. EIM’s Manual Physical Therapy Certification provides post-professional training for physical therapists and is designed to advance the physical therapist as a provider of patient care with advanced clinical competency. Courses are taught by world class faculty from a variety of the best academic programs and clinical practices in the country.
The majority of EIM’s Manual Physical Therapy Certification happens wherever you happen to be. Coursework consists of a dynamic combination of didactic, collaborative, and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive on-site courses. The weekend intensive on-site courses occur at EIM Network Partners and academic centers located in key geographic areas around the country.
Updates to the Manual Physical Therapy Certification Program include:
- Flexible elective choices
- Foundational constructs on patient management and mechanisms of manual therapy
- Virtual rounds and case presentations for interactive learning and peer review
- Robust examination processes to ensure student mastery of material and manual interventions
- A 12 month cohort setting that builds lasting professional relationships with fellow students
- Constructive credit / waivers granted for select previously completed certification-level courses
EIM’s Manual Physical Therapy Certification is designed so that you will:
- Become a certified, highly skilled, autonomous practitioner with advanced clinical competency in manual physical therapy.
- Make evidence-based practice an immediate reality in your clinical practice.
- Enhance your critical thinking and psychomotor skills to improve decision-making and outcomes of care.
- Improve your knowledge of current evidence and begin your preparation for Orthopaedic Board Certification.
- Have the opportunity to use your Certification credit hours toward an EIM Residency or Fellowship program, should you decide to do so down the road.
Core Course Work
- EBP 6100 – Evidence-based Practice I
- ORPT 6510 – Management of Lumbopelvic Disorders
- ORPT 6520 – Management of Lower Extremity Disorders
- ORPT 6530 – Management of Cervical and Thoracic Disorders
- ORPT 6540 – Management of Upper Extremity Disorders
- OMPT 6120 – Manual Therapy Model in Patient Management
- OMPT 6130 – Mechanisms of Manual Physical Therapy*
- ORPT 6110 – Diagnosis and Management of Chronic Spinal Pain*
*Elective courses: student chooses one elective for plan of study.
Capstone Course and Exams
- OMPT 7170 – MTC Virtual Rounds and Case Presentations
- OMPT 7080 – MTC Capstone Examinations
Postprofessional DPT can be added to the Manual PT Certification Curriculum for an additional $2,725 in tuition and 7 credits of online coursework to include:
- APPT 6110 – Essentials of Pharmacology & Clinical Lab Tests
- APPT 6210 – Essentials of Musculoskeletal Imaging
- APPT 6220 – Essentials of Medical Screening
- BUSI 6200 – Business Management Principles for the Physical Therapist