This program offers PTs and OTs the opportunity to develop expertise in the clinical management of the aging patient population. Our evidence‑based curriculum focuses on the development of clinical competencies in the treatment of older adults with functional and cognitive decline with the intention of returning patients to active and healthy lifestyles. Become a highly skilled practitioner with advanced clinical skills and competency in the areas of prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for the aging population.
The majority of the Geriatric Certification takes place wherever you happen to be. Coursework consists of a dynamic combination of didactic, collaborative, and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive on-site courses. You will walk away from this 12-month experience with the tools and experience you need to grow your business and skill set. The weekend intensive on-site courses occur at EIM Network Partners and academic centers located in key geographic areas around the country.
Additional coursework may be added for Physical and Occupational Therapists to obtain a Geriatric Postprofessional DPT or OTD.
- EBP 6100 – Evidence-based Practice I
- GERI 6110 – Introduction to Geriatric Rehabilitation
- GERI 6510WI – Management of Falls and Balance Disorders Weekend Intensive
- GERI 6520WI – Management of Geriatric Musculoskeletal Conditions Weekend Intensive
- Onsite: May 5-6, 2018, Ashburn, VA
- GERI 6120 – Geriatric Cardiopulmonary Conditions
- GERI 6130 – Geriatric Integumentary Conditions
- GERI 6140 – Wellness and Health Promotion in the Geriatric Population
- GERI 6150 – Complimentary Therapies in Geriatric Rehabilitation
- GERI 6160 – Regulatory, Legal, and Policy Issues in Geriatric Rehabilitation
- GERI 7170 – Geriatric Virtual Rounds and Case Presentations
- GERI 7080 – Geriatric Certification Capstone Examination
Optional Postprofessional DPT Coursework
Postprofessional DPT can be added to the Geriatric Certification for an additional $5,075 in tuition and 15 credits of coursework to include:
- ORPT 6510 – Management of Lumbopelvic Disorders
- ORPT 6530 – Management of Cervical and Thoracic Disorders
- APPT 6110 – Essentials of Pharmacology & Clinical Lab Tests
- APPT 6210 – Essentials of Musculoskeletal Imaging
- APPT 6220 – Essentials of Medical Screening
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Disabled Participants page.