The EIM Concussion Management Certification (CMC), is designed for physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, physicians as well as other professionals looking to develop their skills in evaluation and management of concussion through the lifespan and in a variety of populations. This multidisciplinary certification will give practitioners the competence and confidence to better identify, treat, and manage the concussion patient along the entire continuum of recovery from acute to chronic and pediatric to geriatric.
This 12-month program provides the latest clinical conversations, evidence-based guidelines, and consensus statements while integrating real world experiences from patients, providers, and caregivers who have navigated the complex healthcare network of today. Coursework consists of a dynamic combination of didactic, collaborative, and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive on-site courses.
Faculty includes neurologists (adult and pediatric), emergency medicine physicians, vestibular physical therapist, traumatic head and neck disorder scientists, occupational therapist/vision therapy, neurogenic speech language pathologist, board certified sports clinical specialist physical therapists, certified athletic trainer, neuroscientist, and a neuropsychologist.
By fostering a rehabilitative team approach, the EIM Concussion Management Certification hopes to facilitate collective competence across the healthcare continuum in order to better triage, treat, and appropriately refer the concussion patient. Graduates will:
- Become a certified, highly skilled, autonomous practitioner with advanced clinical competency in evaluation and treatment of concussion.
- Make evidence-based practice an immediate reality in your clinical practice.
- Enhance your critical thinking and psychomotor skills to improve decision-making and outcomes of care.
- Improve your knowledge of current evidence related to concussion management
- EBP 6100 – Evidence-based Practice I
- ISPI-TPS 6410 Therapeutic Neuroscience Education I: Teaching People about Pain
- CONC 6110 – Introduction to Concussions
- CONC 6510WI – Concussion Management Weekend Intensive
- Onsite: June 9-10 2018: San Antonio, TX
- Onsite: September 15-16, 2018: Paoli, PA
- CONC 6120 – Concussion of the Athlete
- CONC 6130 – Concussion of the Pediatric Population
- CONC 6140 – Concussion of the Geriatric Population
Capstone Course and Exams
- CONC 7170 – Concussion Certification Virtual Rounds & Case Presentations
- CONC 7180 – Concussion Certification Capstone Examinations
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Disabled Participants page.