The goal of EIM’s Certificate for Advanced Practice in Hand Therapy is to develop highly skilled hand therapists who are leaders in the fields of occupational and physical therapy. Through clinical experience, mentorship, and didactic coursework taught by world class Certified Hand Therapists. Students will become highly skilled in the evaluation and treatment of the upper quarter and be well- prepared to sit for the Hand Therapy Certification Examination.
The majority of EIM’s Hand Therapy Certificate happens wherever you happen to be. Coursework includes a combination of didactic, collaborative and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive hands-on courses. The (2) weekend intensive courses will be held in Evansville, Indiana. Course dates and locations are listed on the program calendar.
Experiences throughout this program include:
- In-depth, faculty led learning of the upper quarter including anatomy and pathology,evaluations, and treatment
- Choices in elective content
- Virtual rounds and case presentations for interactive learning
- Guided study and practice examinations to become well prepared for the Hand Therapy
- Certification Examination
- Intensive, hands-on experiences led by highly skilled Certified Hand Therapists through weekend on-sites
EIM’s Hand Therapy Certificate is designed to:
- Create highly skilled hand therapists with advanced clinical competency in evaluation and treatment of the upper quarter.
- Prepare occupational and physical therapists to take the Hand Therapy Certification Examination.
- Improved therapists’ knowledge of current evidence and promote the use of evidence-based practice in daily clinical practice.
- Enhance leadership skills to create master clinicians in the field of hand therapy.
- Improve knowledge of current evidence and begin your preparation for the Hand Therapy Certification Examination.
- Evidence-based Practice
- Introduction to Hand Therapy, Tissue Healing & Orthoses Overview
- Management of the Shoulder & Elbow
- Onsite: October 14-15, 2017 Evansville, IN
- Management of Wrist, Forearm, & Hand
- Onsite: May 20-21, 2017 Evansville, IN
- Management of Trauma, Edema, Wounds, Burns, & Tumors
- Evaluation and Treatment of Tendon and Nerve Diagnoses
- Elective A: Complex Injuries and Amputations & Prosthetics*
- Elective B: Pediatric Disorders, Special Populations, and Industrial Rehabilitation*
- Elective C: Imaging & Modalities*
*Elective courses: student chooses two electives for plan of study.